Thursday, May 16, 2013

Birthdays and Concerts

Yesterday we celebrated Brandon's ninth birthday. He's certain he grew a whole foot over night! He's into wrestling right now, so we got him a few wrestlers and a WWE ring as gifts. He was a very happy boy. I told him that God sure blessed me nine years ago. Each birthday leaves me with a bittersweet feeling. I am trying to teach them all that I can about being kind and godly in a world that will do it's best to teach them otherwise. I realize that I can only do so much, but I'm trying. I think as a nation we have bought the lie that success is based on things such as money, looks, degrees, or fame. I am praying that God helps me to see that success is more about serving others first, especially my husband and my sons. I want to teach my children this principle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, my oldest son Nathan and I are going to a concert tonight. We love music. We'll be blessed to see three bands; Building 429, The Rhett Walker Band, and Finding Favor. I can't think of anything I'd rather do then spend a night with my son listening to good, Christian music. It's the ultimate "date."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One last thing, I'm a big quote collector. They inspire me. I found this one in my inbox this morning. Enjoy. :)

"Christianity isn't all that complicated...it's Jesus." (Joni Eareckson Tada) 

No comments:

Post a Comment