Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Happy mom day to all you moms! Being a good mother can be tough sometimes. I'll admit, I've fallen short in the mother department many times. Early as a mother, I was very selfish. I made many bad choices during that time. Once God revealed my sin to me, and He still is, I was able to repent of my selfishness. But with sin comes consequences,  just as Paul tells us in Galatians 6:7, we reap what we sow. I paid a price for my selfishness. It's called regret. I regret not enjoying my boys more. I'd give anything if I could have them small again. I'd soak in the sweetness of their needs. I'm telling you this dear mothers, because I don't want you to make the same mistakes. Children are a gift. Many couples are not given this gift. Don't listen to the world's whispers that children are a burden. Enjoy them. Train them to become the men and women God has called them to be. There's no regret in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment