Monday, May 13, 2013

Is There Any Good News?

Good morning! From my window it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. However, when I took my boys to meet the school bus, it was cold! I'm ready for summer.

After spending some time in God's word this morning, I logged onto my computer and the first thing I seen is the news; 19 people shot at a Mother's Day parade. My mouth dropped open and I felt sick to my stomach. Then I read a few other headlines: 12 year old boy kills 8 year old sister and a little baby girl's body has been found. I got to thinking, is this what we have came to? Isn't there any good news? Where are the good people? It can become a little discouraging sometimes when all you see and hear are stories about gunshots, rape, and bombings. We're living in a very wicked time. The more selfish people become, the worse it will be. However there is some good news...a silver-lining in all these dark clouds. His name is Jesus. You might have heard of Him. He did some pretty cool things, but the coolest involved a cross. We're taught in Scriptures "how that Christ died for our sins....and that He was buried and that He rose again the third day." That's found in 1 Corinthians 15: 3-4. Read it. Notice how this was done for us. People are wicked. They kill each other. Hurt each other. But even in the midst of all that, there's Jesus. Hanging on a cross so that those who choose to can have eternal life. All that's going on around us can be disheartening. We may even believe that this is it. But it's not.

Let me leave you with these words from the Master:

After telling His disciples, and us, that we would face difficult times in this world, Jesus offers them comfort through a promise...

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

Have a great day! God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment